Fix and troubleshoot Office 2016 issues on Windows 10
If you’re using Office 2016 and your system is Windows 10, you’ll encounter MS Word crashes, lack of Office applications, and so on, which is a common problem. Even Windows 10 updates can cause office these failures.
Issue #1: Microsoft Office 2016 crashes on Windows 10
After you update to Windows 10, when you try to open a new Office application, you experience an error that stops the application from working properly and causes a crash. As a result, apps like Word and Excel need to be turned off immediately.
FIX: An easy-to-use solution is to restart your PC. If the problem persists, you can try using the Windows built-in repair tool to fix it. Let’s see how it does it.
- Right-click the “Start ” menu, and then select “Control Panel “
- Under “program “, select “Uninstall program “.
- Now select the Microsoft Office that you want to repair, right-click it, and then select A screen opens asking “How do you want to fix Office programs ” and select “Online Repair “.
- This will ensure that all files are repaired. You can also choose to fix it quickly, although it runs fast, it only detects corrupted files and replaces them.
If this does not work, if you still see that the Word file is not open, you can use the File Repair tool, which can repair the corrupted Word document and restore it to its normal state. The software fixes all Office applications, such as Excel, PowerPoint, and so on, in addition to Word documents.
Issue #2: Missing Office applications after upgrading to Windows 10
FIX: This issue has been resolved in the Windows 10 update. However, if you are still not updated, or if you cannot install the November update, use the methods mentioned below before you install the Windows 10 update.
- Click start , and then type the application name, such as Excel or Word. As you type, you will see that the search results will open automatically. Now, click the program to open it.
- Click the “Windows” icon, and then click “All Apps “. Now, scroll to the name of the application you want to find.
Issue #3: Files cannot be saved or opened after Windows 10 update
FIX: If you’re having trouble opening or saving a file, here’s a solution that works for most people.
- Right-click the Start menu, and then select “Command prompt (Administrator) “.
- Type the command cd% user profile, and then tap
- Now, type the CD folder _ name, and then press Enter.
- After this type, icacl% user profile folder name/inheritance: E
Issue #4: MS Office 2016 does not work on Windows 10
FIX: Because Office 2016 stops working on Windows 10, there may be many aspects. Therefore, there can be no final solution to this problem. However, there are different ways to solve this problem, and we mention one such workaround below. This is done on Excel to display as an example.
- Open MS Excel, and then click the “File ” tab, and then click “Options “.
- In the “Excel options ” window, click “Add-ins ” in the left sidebar.
- At the bottom of the “add-in ” window, under the “Manage ” drop-down menu, select “Add-ins “, and then click “Go “.
- Now, cancel checking one add-in at a time, and then check the status after that.
Reinstall Office 2016 in Windows 10
When you reinstall Office 2016, you need to uninstall it before you can fully install it on Windows 10. After you re-uninstall Office 2016, go to setup.office.com to download and install 2016 on Windows 10.